All black anodized aluminum construction and unrivaled in stability Unique center brace strut system Reliable quick-action leg locks Non-rollback three-faceted center column, spirit level and rubber/metal spiked feet 74-inch maximum height with center column, 26.5-pound maximum load
From the Manufacturer
All black anodized aluminum construction and unrivalled in stability, the Bogen-Manfrotto 475B Pro Geared Tripod incorporates a unique center brace strut system, reliable quick-action leg locks, non-rollback three faceted center column, spirit level and rubber/metal spiked feet.
Manfrotto has always been concerned with the balance between minimum and maximum height, tripod weight, and load capacity. The 475B is no exception. Designed by incorporating the best features of the 3033 and 3036 tripods, the 475B has added two important features. The center brace system can be operated in a symmetric or asymmetric way. This allows the best of both worlds: speed by locking the braces so that all of the legs will be spread to the same angle, or by individually setting the angle of each leg for the ultimate in tripod positioning.
To avoid annoying delays in leveling the tripod, the telescopic center braces have been designed with two “click stop” positions that allow you to easily find the same spread angle on all three legs. The second improvement has been made to the leg locking system. The 475B incorporates the Quick Action leg locks. These locks have an amazingly quick and secure locking range. All it takes is a 45-degree flip of the lever to lock and unlock each section.
- Solid tripod/head plate has an industry standard 3/8-inch screw and three angled grub screws which stop the head from unscrewing accidentally in use and also block unwanted panoramic rotation or play between tripod and head
- Geared center column allows safe, precise height adjustment even under heavy loads
- Built-in, carefully hand-set bubble spirit level helps make sure your horizons really are horizontal
- Lockable, mobile spreader-to-column junction ring lets the tripod legs be set at various angles to either increase stability or reduce footprint
- Built-in mid-level spreader adds anti-torsional rigidity and stops the tripod legs from accidentally being knocked wider apart. Compared to a ground-level spreader or dolly, the mid-level spreader has the advantage that it stays well out of the mud and dirt and is more suitable for use on uneven terrain.
- Foldaway handle avoids damage in transport
- Anti-rotation tubing and leg collars make for a tripod that’s easier and faster to open, position and close. Manfrotto uses several different types of anti-rotation system — on Magfiber and Digi series tripods, the elliptical or three-faceted shape of the concentric tubes means they cannot rotate, while on round-tubed tripods small protrusions down the length of the tube keep sections perfectly aligned with totally free, independent leg angles the tripod can be positioned to precisely the height and spread you need.
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
All black anodized aluminum construction and unrivaled in stability
Unique center brace strut system
Reliable quick-action leg locks
Non-rollback three-faceted center column, spirit level and rubber/metal spiked feet
74-inch maximum height with center column, 26.5-pound maximum load